IS THIS YOU?
You’re an aspiring copywriter looking for a way to get experience at an agency before you get experience at an agency. You think in words and long to create clever, intelligent copy that “transcends platforms” and is “outside of the box,” “synergistic” and not as “clichéd” as this “sentence.” You may not have a portfolio filled with executed ads, but you at least have some writing examples that show you know the difference between they’re, their and there (with a few brilliant ideas sprinkled in between). You’re a team player and a self-starter, but are looking for some guidance to help you navigate this crazy business of being a creative. You’re supportive and want to work with supportive people. You have the soul of a storyteller and the spirit of a hustler. You don’t just want to work, you want to #workit.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Hothouse is seeking a Copywriting Intern for Summer 2018 who is an advertising, marketing, public relations, English or communications college student or recent grad that wants to:
- – Learn to develop copy and conceptual assignments specific to brand direction.
- – Conduct research to aid in the brainstorming process for upcoming projects.
- – Contribute to new business efforts by crafting pitch decks and capabilities recaps.
- – Assist in Hothouse social media calendar creation and content.
- – Work alongside and partner with senior creative leadership.
- – Support other Hothouse departments on an as-needed basis.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- – Rising junior, senior or recent grad within a Bachelor’s Degree or portfolio school program in advertising, marketing, PR, English or communications majors
- – Proficiency in Microsoft Word (duh) and PowerPoint
- – Experience with various social media platforms
- – Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- – Online portfolio or creative writing samples
THIS IS US
We’re Hothouse, a full-service marketing agency in the ATL with 20 years of success under our belt. We’ve got all kinds of clients, which means we do all kinds of everything. Branding, digital, social, video, packaging, experiential. If it drives demand, we’ve probably created it. Our roster includes brands like NBCUniversal, Mercedes-Benz, Hallmark, EPIX and Deloitte—plus local neighbors like Lyft Atlanta, Georgia’s Own Credit Union, PrimeRevenue and CORT Furniture. We’re nice people. And it’s important to us that we keep it that way. We’ve created a culture of collaboration, respect and innovation, but something is missing. And that something is you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At Hothouse, you’ll work in an entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to actually affect projects, not just fetch coffee. You’ll put your multitasking skills to the test, as you integrate yourself into a very special team that calls each other family. Oh yeah, and you’ll work on some really cool stuff, too.
Great team filled with funny, really good-looking people • Innovative technology • Vibrant location in O4W across from Ponce City Market and adjacent to Beltline • Hothouse Culture Club organizes fun company events and programs throughout the year • Career advancement opportunities and coaching
THE FINE PRINT
This internship is available at our Atlanta office located in the Old Fourth Ward, and runs from May 14th through August 17th, 2018 (exact dates are flexible). You will work a max number of 30 hours per week at $12/hr. The application deadline is March 5, 2018. To apply, please send your resume and any other related materials to email@example.com.