Designer/Art Director Intern
IS THIS YOU?
Are you a budding designer or art director? Maybe at this point, it’s unclear which one you want to be when you grow up, but you’re willing to dig in and do the work to find out. While you might not have a perfectly polished portfolio, you’re proactive enough to have something that showcases your creativity—an ad-like object, a brochure, a sketch of a brilliant idea, a website you did for your Uncle Frank. Whatever it is, you can clearly communicate its origin and explain your thinking behind it. You’re a roll-up-your-sleeves self-starter who’s built for solving complex communication problems through visual elements. You have a willingness to partner with whomever it takes to get the job done and believe there’s nothing more exciting than that moment you land on a brilliant idea. Will you have that moment here? Let’s find out.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Hothouse is seeking a Design/Art Director Intern for Summer 2018 who wants to:
- – Learn to develop designs and conceptual assignments specific to brand direction.
- – Conduct research to aid in the brainstorming process for upcoming projects.
- – Contribute to new business efforts by crafting pitch decks and capabilities recaps.
- – Assist in Hothouse social media calendar creation and content.
- – Work alongside and partner with senior creative leadership.
- – Support other Hothouse departments on an as-needed basis.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- – Rising junior, senior or recent grad within a Bachelor’s Degree or portfolio school program in graphic design, advertising or marketing majors
- – Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (any knowledge of After Effects or Adobe XD wins bonus points)
- – Experience with various social media platforms
- – Online portfolio or design samples
THIS IS US
We’re Hothouse, a full-service marketing agency in the ATL with 20 years of success under our belt. We’ve got all kinds of clients, which means we do all kinds of everything. Branding, digital, social, video, packaging, experiential. If it drives demand, we’ve probably created it. Our roster includes brands like NBCUniversal, Mercedes-Benz, Hallmark, EPIX and Deloitte—plus local neighbors like Lyft Atlanta, Georgia’s Own Credit Union, PrimeRevenue and CORT Furniture. We’re nice people. And it’s important to us that we keep it that way. We’ve created a culture of collaboration, respect and innovation, but something is missing. And that something is you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At Hothouse, you’ll work in an entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to actually affect projects, not just fetch coffee. You’ll put your multitasking skills to the test, as you integrate yourself into a very special team that calls each other family. Oh yeah, and you’ll work on some really cool stuff, too.
Great team filled with funny, really good-looking people • Innovative technology • Vibrant location in O4W across from Ponce City Market and adjacent to Beltline • Hothouse Culture Club organizes fun company events and programs throughout the year • Career advancement opportunities and coaching
THE FINE PRINT
This internship is available at our Atlanta office located in the Old Fourth Ward, and runs from May 14th through August 17th, 2018 (exact dates are flexible). You will work a max number of 30 hours per week at $12/hr. The application deadline is March 5, 2018. To apply, please send your resume and any other related materials to email@example.com.