Front-End Developer Intern
IS THIS YOU?
You’re ready and raring to turn what you’ve learned in the classroom into real-world results. Enough with the theory. You’re all about action. Making an impact, voicing your opinion, receiving feedback, growing in your skills, collaborating with a team—yes, yes, and more yesses please. You’re energized by the thought of seeing your projects come to life and released to clients and consumers. A solid foundation of Front End knowledge grounds you. Now what will do you at Hothouse to make your career take flight?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Hothouse is seeking a Front End Developer Intern for Summer 2018 who wants to:
- – Work in an agile development environment where work is quickly developed and implemented for clients from a variety of industries including entertainment, finance, and sports.
- – Exposure to the daily operations of a marketing agency and opportunity to interact with all departments.
- – Learn real-world best practices and solutions from our skilled developers going through the full life cycle of multiple projects from strategy and scoping through live consumer-facing implementation.
- – Opportunity to develop work using the latest technologies and services across a variety of platforms.
- – Opportunity to serve as tech lead on cross-departmental intern team project.
- – Support other Hothouse departments on an as-needed basis.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- – Rising junior, senior or recent grad within a Bachelor’s Degree or tech or developer training school program in computer science, coding, graphic design, advertising or marketing majors
- – Front End Experience, but open to developing Back End/Fullstack skills during assignment
- – Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- – Familiarity with Testing, QA, and UAT practices
- – Understanding of RESTful web services
- – Experience with version control systems, git repositories
- – Strong problem solving skills, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- – Must like soccer or be able to fake it when talking to the boss
- – Please provide links to project examples and/or online portfolio
THIS IS US
We’re Hothouse, a full-service marketing agency in the ATL with 20 years of success under our belt. We’ve got all kinds of clients, which means we do all kinds of everything. Branding, digital, social, video, packaging, experiential. If it drives demand, we’ve probably created it. Our roster includes brands like NBCUniversal, Mercedes-Benz, Hallmark, EPIX and Deloitte—plus local neighbors like Lyft Atlanta, Georgia’s Own Credit Union, PrimeRevenue and CORT Furniture. We’re nice people. And it’s important to us that we keep it that way. We’ve created a culture of collaboration, respect and innovation, but something is missing. And that something is you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At Hothouse, you’ll work in an entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to actually affect projects, not just fetch coffee. You’ll put your multitasking skills to the test, as you integrate yourself into a very special team that calls each other family. Oh yeah, and you’ll work on some really cool stuff, too.
Great team filled with funny, really good-looking people • Innovative technology • Vibrant location in O4W across from Ponce City Market and adjacent to Beltline • Hothouse Culture Club organizes fun company events and programs throughout the year • Career advancement opportunities and coaching
THE FINE PRINT
This internship is available at our Atlanta office located in the Old Fourth Ward, and runs from May 14th through August 17th, 2018 (exact dates are flexible). You will work a max number of 30 hours per week at $12/hr. The application deadline is March 5, 2018. To apply, please send your resume and any other related materials to email@example.com.