Do you experience an overwhelming sense of calm when working in Excel? Do you find yourself making timelines for everyday activities? Have you ever labeled yourself an “organizational gangster”? Sounds like a career as a Hothouse, Inc. Project Manager could be right for you.
A Project Manager, on any given day, will open jobs, scope project efforts, craft timelines and oversee the development of multiple integrated and stand-alone projects—which means a lot of running back and forth between Creative, Account Service, Video and Technology Departments. They’re expected to stay on their toes across multiple brands, clients and projects, so juggling skills are a plus. They help ensure the on-time, on-budget and on-fleek delivery of every project that comes through our doors. With a smile. And a lot of coffee.
- Responsible for managing entire project lifecycle for larger integrated projects (scope, deliverables, time and cost management) from beginning to end.
- Manage project scoping efforts to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc.
- Work with PM team to manage all workflow through the agency. Assign and monitor work with internal and external resources as needed; ensure all needed assets, resources, costs and deadlines are identified and managed day-to-day to successfully meet expectations and project goals.
- Manage project documentation, such as but not limited to: timelines, estimates/budget updates, project plans, proposals, statements of work, internal and external status reports, meeting agendas/notes, change requests, functional specifications (UX/UI/wireframes), post-mortem reviews, etc.
- Develop project timelines that accurately reflect the scope of work. Manage milestones by tracking & prioritizing creative and digital requests/assignments with internal resources.
- Communicate and drive cross-departmental acceptance of project deadlines, milestones, and end-product specifications; actively track project status, progress, risks and issues.
- Responsible for obtaining quality control before client presentation or production.
- Be a vocal participant in the program strategy and planning process, providing insights on content and execution of key client deliverables as to ensure strategic relevancy, quality and on-time completion.
- Understands all facets of internal production capabilities and agency processes.
- Continually seek ways to add value to the agency by improving operational/process efficiencies.
- Demonstrates an understanding of assigned clients’ industries and their specific business challenges and opportunities.
- Develops strong relationships with internal team members at all levels. Demonstrates ability to negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate with all different personality types among team members effectively.
- Co-supervise & mentor junior project team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Five to eight years of experience in advertising/marketing – knowledge of agency project/traffic management as well as experience with traditional, digital and social media projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required – Business, Marketing, or Advertising discipline preferred
- Solid track record of successfully managing projects from start to completion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Technical experience preferred
- Experience with agile methodology preferred
- Excellent communication skills – verbally, written and listening.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; detail-oriented
- Must be an active team player & champion team-centric approach to project management/execution
- Must have the ability to motivate a wide-range of talent/resources
- Excellent problem-solving skills – must have a focus on driving results
- MS Office experience – project management software a plus
- PMP certification a plus
So, why should we look no further than you? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.