Video Editor Intern
IS THIS YOU?
You’re a natural-born storyteller with an instinct for presenting and revealing information at the right time and right place. The world in motion inspires you. “Attention to detail” and “excellent organizational skills” are more than just resume fodder—they’re the qualities that enable you to craft your narratives into finished pieces that not only make sense, they also make an impact. You have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to learn deeper skills for synchronizing visual and audio into one perfect package. Anyone can arrange images and audio files into a sequence, but you strive to look for and efficiently find the best material to create that sequence. You’re a team player and a self-starter, but are seeking guidance to help you navigate this crazy business of being a creative.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Hothouse is seeking a Video Editor Intern for Summer 2017 who can contribute in areas including, but not limited to:
- Assist with field shoots as assistant camera, production assist and an overall production manager role.
- Prep projects by importing and logging footage, clipping selects, searching music, transcoding and uploading video.
- Edit elements to tell a story—log and import footage, transcode files to the right format and pull selects.
- Edit company sizzle reels.
- Attend creative meetings and contribute concepts and ideas.
- Work alongside and partner with senior creative leadership.
- Support other Hothouse departments on an as-needed basis.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Rising junior, senior or recent grad within a Bachelor’s Degree or portfolio school program in film, advertising, marketing or communications majors
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Media Encoder
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Online portfolio or editorial samples
THIS IS US
We’re Hothouse, a marketing agency in the ATL with 18 years of success under our belt. We’ve got all kinds of clients, which means we do all kinds of everything. Branding, digital, social, video, packaging, experiential. If it drives demand, we’ve probably created it. Our roster includes brands like NBCUniversal, Disney, ESPN, Mercedes-Benz, SHOWTIME and Deloitte—plus local neighbors like Georgia’s Own Credit Union, Craneware, PrimeRevenue and non-profit Girl Talk. We’re nice people. And it’s important to us that we keep it that way. We’ve created a culture of collaboration, respect and innovation, but something is missing. And that something is you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At Hothouse, you’ll work in an entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to actually affect projects, not just fetch coffee. You’ll put your multitasking skills to the test, as you integrate yourself into a very special team that calls each other family. Oh yeah, and you’ll work on some really cool stuff, too.
Great team filled with funny, really good-looking people • Innovative technology • Vibrant location in O4W across from Ponce City Market and adjacent to Beltline • Hothouse Culture Club organizes fun company events and programs throughout the year • Career advancement opportunities and coaching
THE FINE PRINT
This internship is available at our Atlanta office located in the Old 4th Ward, and runs from June 5 through August 4, 2017 (exact dates are flexible). You will work an average of 20-29 hours per week at $12/hr. The application deadline is March 31, 2017. To apply, please send your resume and any other related materials to email@example.com.