VP, GROUP CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Hothouse is looking for a dynamic, senior-level, VP/Group Creative Director with an art direction and/or design-driven background. We’re a busy, ambitious agency that regularly punches above our weight with a client roster and work output that rivals much larger shops. As a department leader, yours will be a strong, influential creative voice in a company that prizes collaboration as one of our most important core values. Directing, managing, and mentoring a talented team will be a large part of your responsibilities, along with rolling up your sleeves and doing the actual work.
As VP/Group Creative Director, you will partner closely with other agency leaders, contributing to our growth and elevating our reputation for great work with current and future clients. As you strive for the highest creative standards, you do so with a sense of humor and an absence of ego, attitude and other asshole-ish tendencies. You know what great looks like and are capable of delivering it—defining our benchmarks for excellence and inspiring those around you to achieve them.
– Art Director or Designer by trade
– Hands on working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
– Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism or other relevant fields
– 12+ years in advertising and marketing, including experience within brand development, multichannel marketing models, web,
social and emerging technologies
– Portfolio filled with proven examples of both concept and design executed across a wide variety of media and tactics
– Experience managing full-time and freelancer talent, both directing them creatively and also understanding the business aspect
of resource management
– History managing client portfolio with cumulative annual client revenues of $10M + and a track record of growth
– Superior analytical, communication, time-management and organizational skills
– Ability to lead client creative presentations as a key influencer; previous accountability for peer-level client relationships
at the VP, SVP and C-level
– Supervise the department’s daily workflow, assign project workload and work with the delivery team to monitor deadlines and
– Develop and execute exceptional, well-crafted campaign work that meets/exceeds clients’ requirements
– Shape brand standards and create procedures to ensure all products are brand appropriate and on brief
– Mentor and inspire the creative team to do their best work possible without micro-managing
– Evolve Hothouse’s creative department to enable the existing team to work and grow into the future
– Manage Freelance resources (people, skills and budget) together with the head of resource management
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and portfolio to Annie Al-Timimi.
To learn more about Hothouse, visit hothouseinc.com.