Hothouse is looking for an Account Supervisor who is a strong thinker, motivator and consensus builder who also does the work. You will be responsible for cultivating profitable, healthy client relationships while building Hothouse’s visibility and reputation. You will develop long-term partnerships with clients by adding strategic value that goes well beyond day-to-day project management, extending influence through deep insights and presenting powerful strategies to solve business problems.
You are responsible for leading and inspiring teams to produce great work, with an extreme attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The role requires a strong team mentality with the ability to establish strong internal and external working relationships. You will be expected to be a thought leader with sharp communication and critical thinking skills, and a deep understanding of all marketing/advertising channels, especially digital and social media platforms. Must be able to juggle several projects at once under strict deadlines and frequent re-prioritization.
- Steward client relationships – client needs range from general marketing services to strategic branding consultation, B2B communications, sweepstakes, etc.
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate complicated client business and corporate structures, and how a campaign/effort fits into the larger business picture.
- Help clients define needs, prioritize goals, audiences, and channels to brief a team, and be a trusted counsel.
- Hands-on experience managing complex digital projects from beginning to end including
- Requirements gathering, defining the solution, information architecture and wireframes, content strategy, site builds, and post-launch maintenance.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum project management methodologies and best practices.
- Previous experience working in website content management systems, email platforms, and analytics dashboards.
- Understand the dynamics of incentive/loyalty program value exchange and be comfortable presenting a point of view when related questions or opportunities arise.
- Have a generalist’s familiarity with integrated marketing, video production, digital, social and performance marketing, along with the ability to work with technology partners to keep projects moving according to the scope and project plan.
- Manage cross-functional internal project teams across creative, technology and project management, coordinating with key departmental stakeholders during planning phases to ensure alignment and guiding the team throughout execution.
- Create detailed project briefs, scopes of work and other high-level planning documentation to carefully communicate client goals and agency responsibilities to internal teams.
- Consult with project managers to ensure timely completion of client deliverables and proactively communicate with clients to set and manage expectations.
- Closely monitor agency efforts against individual projects and at account level to ensure revenue goals are being met and projects are being run efficiently and escalate as necessary.
- Drive client retention and organic growth via development and implementation of annual key account plans. Work with account management team to set revenue/margin goals by client, identifying risks and opportunities against client needs.
- 4+ years of experience in an account management role in an agency environment.
- General marketing and strategy prowess – the ability to speak with senior marketers at fortune 100 clients, understand their business and brand needs and quickly assess and shape their needs for an integrated agency response.
- Demonstrated ability to lead client engagements and be a key influencer.
- The ability to inspire and drive change and bring varied groups together to collaborate effectively.
- History of managing a variety of client types and a track record of growth.
- Experience in project management, project definition, scope management, risk management, hand-off management and team management.
- A curiosity for new technologies, digital/social products and platforms – and a passion for staying current with trends that affect the marketing ecosystem.
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active – you don’t wait for the client brief or do things the same way you did them the year before and you seek to challenge the status quo.