Hothouse is looking for a Copywriter who likes to write—short-form, long-form, headlines, manifestos, flyers, calls-to-action on tiny website buttons—everything. And while you might not necessarily have experience writing it all, you’re definitely up for learning how. You want to build a portfolio of strong, smart work that showcases your ability to flex both the B2B and B2C sides of your brain. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves amidst an entrepreneurial atmosphere and apply great thinking against a variety of subjects that will challenge you as a writer.
This is your chance to be more than just another person at a keyboard. This is your opportunity to help build something amazing. The hires we’re making today will be the ones that shape our future. If you’re looking for a place at which you can grow, learn, fail without fear, challenge opinions, take risks and above all, be yourself—that place is Hothouse.
- Learn and remain continuously curious about a wide range of topics and industries, including automotive, entertainment, hospitality, technology, healthcare, sustainability and beyond
- Conduct research to quickly become a light subject-matter expert armed with enough information to write confidently about new topics
- Develop strategically sound, compelling copy for all creative materials, including email, social media, video and other digital platforms
- Participate in concept development and execution of creative campaigns from inception through to completion with the desire to flex and strengthen that conceptual muscle
- Work independently as well as with partners to deliver against extremely fast deadlines
- Help grow the agency’s reputation by generating strategic, compelling social media content, Hothouseinc.com content and new business materials.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience, generating content of all kinds
- Writing samples and/or portfolio required
- Experience presenting to and working with clients and internal partners
- Skilled in receiving, interpreting and implementing feedback in an efficient, positive, can-do manner
- Comfortable writing long- and short-form content
- Strong headline writing a plus
- Solid proofreading and editing skills
- Capable of working on multiple projects, small or large, with various project leads
- Passion for all things creative and a strong desire to learn industry best practices
- Convincing argument either for or against the Oxford Comma