Hothouse is looking for a Junior Editor to play a crucial role in the post-production process. A natural creative thinker with a detail-oriented mind, you will collaborate with creatives, producers, and animators, to help create compelling video content for a diverse range of clients like IHG Hotels & Resorts, Deloitte, and Mercedes. Your flexibility enables you to organize, manage, and edit footage while providing support to Senior Editors and the Video Team.
As Junior Editor, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a collaborative and welcoming environment. You’ll get the chance to bring your storytelling abilities across every edit, creating video content that is engaging. If you’re looking for a place where you can grow, learn, fail without fear, challenge opinions, take risks and above all, be yourself—that place is Hothouse.
- Organize, log, and choose the best footage to ensure high-quality content and easy hand-offs
- Edit a wide range of videos: unscripted and scripted, using both original and finished assets
- Source music, sound effects, and stock footage from various licensing sources
- Coordinate with post-production producer to prepare edits for final audio mix and coloring
- Maintain final files on the server and archival drives for archiving purposes and updates and helps manage the media inventory
- Maintain and update the editing systems and keep up with hard drive capacity to determine when to order additional drives
- Assist in trafficking of broadcast tv spots and delivering final videos that adhere to specific formats and processes
- Up to 2 years of post-production experience
- Self-motivated creative problem solver who is extremely detail oriented with a strong track record of cross-team collaboration
- Proven experience in working on professional-quality scripted and unscripted video
- Advanced experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Proficient knowledge of media formats, edit workflows and industry standard support tools
- Experience handling multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled in media management practices and organization