Hothouse is looking for a Senior Copywriter who will craft brilliant copy and inspired concepts. You will use your copywriting and ideation experience to create distinctive work that is conceptually strong, strategically sound and motivating to customers. Your insistence on creative excellence, confident vision and ability to articulate and defend your strategic insights produce consistently stellar work. Your roll-up-the-sleeves attitude will be put to the test amidst the entrepreneurial walls of the agency as you dive into a variety of subjects that will challenge you as a writer.
This is your chance to be more than just another person at a keyboard. This is your opportunity to help build something amazing. The hires we’re making today will be the ones that shape our future. If you’re looking for a place at which you can grow, learn, fail without fear, challenge opinions, take risks and above all, be yourself—that place is Hothouse.
- Learn and remain continuously curious about a wide range of topics and industries, including automotive, entertainment, hospitality, technology, healthcare, sustainability and beyond
- Conduct research to quickly become a light subject-matter expert armed with enough information to write confidently about complex concepts
- Participate in concept development and execution of creative campaigns from inception through to completion
- Develop strategically sound, compelling copy for all creative materials, including new business concept pitches
- Work independently as well as with partners to deliver against extremely fast deadlines
- Help grow the agency’s reputation by generating strategic, compelling social media content, Hothouseinc.com content and new business materials.
- Support the VP, Group Creative Director and VP, Design Director in their efforts to elevate the agency’s creative output
- 5+ years of copywriting experience, preferably 2+ years at an agency, generating creative campaign concepts
- Writing samples and/or portfolio required
- Demonstrated ability to generate strong creative campaign concepts
- Interest in and solid understanding of email, social media, video and other digital platforms
- Experience presenting to and working with clients and internal partners
- Skilled in receiving, interpreting and implementing feedback in an efficient, positive, can-do manner
- Ability to distill complex topics and concepts into consumer-friendly messaging
- Comfortable writing long- and short-form content
- Strong headline writing a plus
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Capable of working on multiple projects, small or large, with various project leads
- Solid argument either for or against the Oxford Comma