Hothouse is looking for a Senior Designer to provide forward-thinking visual solutions and design concepts to brand-related graphic design needs. You must have the ability to flex your artistic eye efficiently amongst a variety of projects and clients. As a member of the Design Team, you are enthusiastic about everything design including the relationship between typography, color theory and imagery. You stay up to date on design and advertising industry trends and are ready to apply best practices and a fun design perspective to projects ranging from logos to web design and communications such as emails, social campaigns and digital display ads.
This is your chance to be more than just another person at a keyboard. This is your opportunity to help build something amazing. The hires we’re making today will be the ones that shape our future. If you’re looking for a place at which you can grow, learn, fail without fear, challenge opinions, take risks and above all, be yourself—that place is Hothouse.
- Execute and thoughtfully design solutions for web, logos and brand systems, video storyboards, UX/UI, social ads/content creation, banner ads and presentations
- Work independently as well as with partners to deliver against extremely fast deadlines
- Present design ideas to clients and internal partners and work collaboratively to make them come to life
- Work with Creative Leads and mentor other Designers, as well as have the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly
- Operate with a solid grasp of client brand standards; maintain those standards and guidelines in all work.
- Learn and remain continuously curious about a wide range of topics and industries, including automotive, entertainment, hospitality, technology, healthcare, sustainability and beyond.
- Apply that same level of curiosity to evolving design techniques and trends, staying ahead of what’s next in the design world.
- Receive, interpret, and implement feedback in an efficient, positive, can-do manner
- 5+ years of related design experience, preferably at an agency or design studio
- Work samples and/or portfolio required
- Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD), Sketch, and Figma
- Experience in building and designing presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Skilled in motion graphics and animation in After Effects is a great bonus