About the opportunity:
Support the Creative Team in all production needs including creating layouts, mechanicals and templates, digital retouching, image optimization, and file prep for use across multiple platforms. You will be part of a close and ambitious team of designers, creative directors and copywriters to help create high-quality creative in a fast-paced and fun environment. The passion for design and ability to flex creatively is something you are interested in and want to grow as a strength as well as maintaining the management of studio and production.
What we are looking for:
- Create final production-ready files based on supplied specifications for screen and/or printing
- Gather, organize, package and prepare files and supporting graphics correctly for each specific output and fluent in server structure
- Assess finished products for quality control
- Provide solutions and ideas to solve special project requirements
- Work with Creative Team to define requirements for pre-production artwork
- Demonstrate efficient time management and organizational skills to complete multiple projects under critical deadlines
- Take on and be able to flex with design work when required in order to supplement team workload
- Maintain a working knowledge of all design software, equipment, and Hothouse processes
- A high attention to detail
- Implement and manage design production solutions that improve output quality, increase efficiency and speed, and/or enhance internal process and client output
- Ability to create presentation slides and templates for internal and client meetings
- Support the Account Management team with deliverables from the agency to client as well as making sure the agency receives correct specifications for final output
- 4+ years of related design experience within an agency
- Online portfolio and resume
- Deep knowledge and applied expertise in file management and versioning, template building and digital retouching.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience in building and designing presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Skilled in motion graphics and animation in After Effects is a great bonus
- Knowledge of front-end development and coding is a plus as well as working in Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Visual communication skills are highly valued
- Self-starter, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
- Enjoys both taking responsibility and team collaboration
- Adaptable to change and willing to flex to diverse work styles
At Hothouse, we believe that within every ambitious brand there is potential just waiting to be unlocked. The same goes for the people that work here; we look for untapped potential in everything we do.
Our insights-led team of marketers and content creators is fueled by an unyielding desire to help brands navigate their business complexities (that, and lots of coffee). And we’re driven by resourceful creativity, (translation: we work smart and hustle hard), as we provide solutions that enable time-pressed clients to overcome shifting market conditions and meet the never-ending demand for better customer experiences.
Headquartered in Old Fourth Ward, but currently working from everywhere, we help clients like Mercedes-Benz, NBCUniversal, Cox Automotive, and Nat Geo by aligning, amplifying, and elevating their messages through strategy and transformation, creative, content, and engaging experiences. If it sounds ambitious, it is. But the right people are key. We’d love to hear about your ambitions for our brands and how we can tap into your unique potential to make it happen.