Marketing has changed dramatically in the past 25 years, and Julie Bowerman, CMO of Kellogg Company North America, has been on the forefront of that change. Julie is a global marketing leader with 25+ years of CPG experience in a variety of marketing, commercial and digital roles, with most of her career spent at Coca-Cola.
Moderated by Jo Ann Herold, CEO & Founder of Herold Growth Consulting and former CMO of Interface and Honeybaked Ham (twice!), she and Julie discuss her challenges Now and what she has her sights on Next. From the state of marketing today to mentorship to the role of purpose-driven marketing in an organization, don’t miss this conversation with Julie.
Highlights from This Episode:
- How marketing has changed over the years
- What a “day in the life” of a CMO at Kellogg looks like
- What Julie looks for in an agency partner
- Julie shares the advice she would give her 28-year-old self
- How to balance short-term sales performance with long-term brand building
- Advice Julie would give to up-and-coming CMOs
- The value of purpose-driven marketing in an organization
- Consumer trends Julie is watching
- What makes a great mentor
About Hothouse’s Now to Next Business Leader Series:
The speed of change marketers face today is a dizzying scramble to address the immediate, with one (bloodshot) eye straining toward the future. At Hothouse, we believe attention needs to be turned to both – the Now and the Next– to make a true impact. Hothouse is bringing our Now to Next mantra to life by speaking with leaders, influencers and change agents about their personal journeys and how they address the challenges of today while setting the stage for tomorrow.